1. What Is Your Favourite Movie?
Grease. It has everything! I did the 30 Days of Film Challenge a few months back, if you want to see more of my taste in film.
2. Favourite Movie In The Past Five Years?
I don't know, I don't watch many new releases. I did like Get Santa though.
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
So hard to choose, but Rebecca gets it by a hair.
4. A Book You Plan On Reading?
The Wicked Boy: The Mystery of a Victorian Child Murderer by Kate Summerscale. It's due out in May.
5. A Book That You Read In School That Positively Shaped You?
I hated all the set texts at school, they were terrible. I hated Shakespeare, I hated Of Mice and Men, and I really hated An Inspector Calls. Chaucer was alright, I guess, so I'll choose him.
6. Favourite TV Show That’s Currently On?
I'm enjoying Dickensian.
7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
About 8. I've got lots of plans for this year.
8. iPhone or Android?
Neither. I love my Blackberry, and my Blackberry loves me. So there!
9. Twitter or Instagram?
I prefer Tumblr.
10. Who Should EVERYONE Be Following Right Now?
11. What’s Your Favourite Food?
Stodge. I like things like cheese and potato pie, pie in general, chips...
12. Least Favourite Food?
13. What Do You Love On Your Pizza?
Ham and Pineapple.
14. Favourite Drink?
Strawberry Milkshake. As a toddler, I subsisted on nothing but warm strawberry milkshake because I refused to eat anything with the slightest hint of a lump in.
15. Favourite Dessert?
Trifle, with lots of sprinkles.
16. Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?
17. Coffee or Tea?
18. What’s The Hardest Part About Being A Mum?
Accepting that you can't be with them all the time.
19. What Is Your Favourite Band?
Right now it's Prides.
20. Favourite Solo Artist?
Marina and the Diamonds.
21. Favourite Song?
Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac. I've got a 30 Days of Music Challenge to for other favourites.
22. If You Could Sing A Duet With Anyone, Who Would It Be?
I don't really sing, so I wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of them.
23. If You Could Master One Instrument, What Would It Be?
24. If You Had A Tattoo, Where Would It Be?
If I wasn't one of the most fickle people I know, I'd want to get a full sleeve down one arm with lots of stars, water and bright flowers.
25. To Be or Not To Be?
Is really not a very good movie.
26. Dogs or Cats?
Dogs. Just look at this face:
27. Bird-watching or Whale-watching?
Bird-watching. Whale-watching sounds like something which requires travel and hassle.
28. The Best Gift You’ve Ever Received?
All of them. Even if they weren't the greatest thing in the world, somebody thought enough of me to gift me something, and that's awesome.
29. The Best Gift You’ve Ever Given?
I got my brother a sword one year. That's pretty cool if I do say so myself.
30. The Last Gift You Gave A Friend?
I gave Anthony a cake this week.
31. What’s your Favourite Board Game?
Pay Day. We make up little backstories for the cards (like, if it's the fifth time your child's broken a neighbour's window, you've got to wonder!) and it's so funny.
32. What’s Your Favourite Country To Visit?
Of my admittedly small sample, my favourite was Turkey.
33. What’s The Last Country You Visited?
34. What Country Do You Wish To Visit?
Japan. So much to see, so much to do, so much to buy!
35. What Is Your Favourite Colour?
36. Least Favourite Colour?
37. Diamonds or Pearls?
38. Heels or Flats?
Flats these days.
39. Pilates or Yoga?
40. Jogging or Swimming?
Swimming; I hate jogging.
41. The Best Way To De-stress?
I like to play monotonous games like Farmville and suchlike.
42. If You Had One Superpower, What Would It Be?
Super speed. I could stay in bed until the very last second and still be on time.
43. What’s The Weirdest Word In The English Language?
Phalloorchoalgolagnia - sexual arousal from receiving a painful blow in the male genitals.
44. What’s Your Favourite Flower?
45. When Was The Last Time You Cried?
I got a little bit teary at Healthier Scrutiny Committee on Wednesday. We were looking at the new 'When I Am Ready' scheme - encouraging young people in care to stay on with foster carers past the age of 18 - and we were talking about how what children have lived through in their early life will continue to affect them. There was a story about a toddler in particular which made me think of Marianna and put a lump in my throat.
46. Do You Like Your Handwriting?
It's alright, it looks nicer with a wide nibbed fountain pen, I think.
47. Do You Bake?
No. I eat a lot of baked goods though, does that count?
48. What Is Your Least Favourite Thing About Yourself?
My weight. :(
49. What Is Your Favourite Thing About Yourself?
50. Who Do You Miss Most?
51. What Are You Listening To Right Now?
52. Favourite Smell?
53. Who Was The Last Person You Talked To On The Phone?
My dad, to see if I could cadge a lift to work.
54. Who Was The Last Person You Sent A Text To?
My other half, Anthony.
55. A Sport You Wish You Could Play?
I wish I could ice skate, it looks so beautiful.
57. Eye Colour?
58. Scary Film or Happy Endings?
I love both!
59. Favourite Season?
60. Three People Alive or Dead That You Would Like To Have Dinner With?
Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, and Val McDermid. I could learn from the best.
61. Hugs or Kisses?
Depends who's giving them!
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where Were You Born?
Panteg Hospital in Pontypool.
64. What Is The Farthest You Have Been From Home?
65. Sweet or Savoury?
Savoury. In a dream world I'd live on crisps and sandwiches.
66. Lipstick or Lip Gloss?
Lipstick, every time. The brighter red it is, the better.
67. What Book Have You Read Again and Again?
Grasshopper Island. It's a kids' story about three brothers who run away and find an island which turns out not to be quite as uninhabited as they thought... For more on my taste in books, check out my answers to the 30 Days of Books Challenge.
68. Favourite Bedtime Story?
I always read historical crime stuff before bed, it might explain my frequent nightmares.
69. What Would Be The Title Of Your Autobiography?
Shit Happens. Lol, I don't know, I'd have to think about it.
70. Favourite Sound?
Marianna giggling. :)
71. Favourite Animal?
Squirrels. It was their appreciation day yesterday.
72. Who Is Your Girl Crush?
Dita von Teese.
73. The Last Photograph You Took?
Anthony posed for this snap for me:
I'm leaving the tags open - if you want to take up the challenge, let me know in the comments and I'll pop a link into this post for everyone to see. :)
ETA: Louise from Little Hearts, Big Love did it.