The Torfaen People's Panel is all about having your say on the issues which matter to you.
It's a consultative panel of people living in Torfaen and aims to give local people a chance to have their say about public services and life in the Borough. The idea is for it to be broadly typical of Torfaen's population in terms of gender, ethnicity and geography - so we need people of all ages from all across the borough to sign up if we want it to be truly representative!
Panel members will have the chance to take part in:
- Surveys: members will be invited to respond to postal questionnaires, telephone or internet surveys.
- Workshops: members will be invited to participate in community workshops.
- Scrutiny: members will be able to examine local issues in detail by listening to information from public officers and then discussing their views in light of what they have heard in order to advise how local public/voluntary bodies should deliver their services.
- Focus groups: smaller groups of members will be able to get together to explore a specific issue in depth.
- As well as taking part in 'observational studies' or working with Public Service Officers on specific projects.
You can pick and choose what you want to take part in - over time there will be a range and choice of activities and topics to suit different members of the Panel. Your contribution will then help inform the decisions made by the council, the police, voluntary organisations and the local health sector.
If that was all a bit TL;DR, TCBC has even put together this nifty video to explain it better:
If you're interested in having your say and making a difference, you can register online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you would like a form to be posted to you, you can again email or ring 01495 766475.