Wednesday, 27 May 2020

Welsh UFO Sightings 2006

Welsh UFO Sightings 2006

Welsh UFO sightings from 2006, taken from the MOD records, SUFON database, and good old Prof. Google. For sightings from other years please click HERE

CONTACT
January 6th, 21:10 - 21:20
Llanllechid, Nr Bangor

Dr CB and his wife were driving in the vehicle up a gentle hill in Wales when they saw what looked like a star at first then it elongated to a cylinder shape as it rose higher. They watched this for approximately 10 minutes. It appeared orange in colour and they could see/feel infra sonic or elf radio pulses. The object appeared to come in from the south east, it descended, hovered for 10 minutes then moved slowly westwards and ascended out of view.

The size of the object could have been quite large when it was near the power lines its speed suddenly very fast as it was ascending and they could hear a low frequency throbbing noise. They stated they could hear the noise inside their heads, not so much through their ears. It was a very cloudy night no moon and no stars as the clouds were was too thick. The wife tried to take a photograph with her camera phone but the object was too high.

Source: Awareness V28/N2

SUFON
Thursday January 12th, 23:30
Heol Fach, Treboeth, Swansea

Mark Rayworth (31) noted the sky was clear as "he saw what he described as an elongated triangular-shaped object, heading northwards, in the direction of the Llangyfelach, at a height of about 200 feet. Whilst the object appeared to be of a white colour, what made it unusual was the fact that it seemed to be materialising and dematerialising as it moved. The object, which was moving fairly quickly, eventually disappeared from view. No lights or sound was observed."

PRESS
February, 06:30
Pembroke
The bizarre airborne sighting was made early on Friday morning. [Published Feb 17th.] The Narbeth & Whitland Observer has been contacted by one motorist who was intrigued by what he saw while driving home to Saundersfoot from Pembroke between 6.30 and 7 am. "I was on my way home from work when I saw a something in the sky with lights on," explained the motorist. "At first I thought it was a helicopter," he continued. "It followed me all the way home and when I got in I got the binoculars out and looked at it more closely. It was definitely not a star or a helicopter and, as I believe in them, I think it was quite possibly a UFO."

UFO WATCH
Sunday March 22nd, 21:00
Garth Mountain, Pentrych

Rod Graves (72) said: "There were approximately 40 or more lights moving down the mountain at quite a speed. This was cigar shaped in the sky we think. I was called by my partner and a friend to get the camera, but it had disappeared when I got to the front door, then reappeared, I just wish I had taken my video camera, or that the camera was on manual mode." [some photos were taken]

PRESS
April
Cardiff

Amskaya #73 reported: One account comes from a Cardiff man left shaken after he saw three lights dancing around each other before flying away in April 2006. He said, "I saw something that I never believed I would. I saw what at ftrst I thought was a plane, until it changed direction at such an acute angle. At this point it was by two more lights - they were very blurry, orange in colour. They danced around each other and then moved off."

MUFON
May 1st, 16:45
Trawsfynydd

I am relaying this story on behalf of my father, who swore my mother and I to secrecy when it first happened because he was very scared by his experience and didn't want to be ridiculed if details ended up in the public domain. Over a year later, he's finally agreed to let me share details of this incident with MUFON because I've convinced him it should be recorded *someplace* publicly, even if he doesn't want to go public himself.

On May 1st 2006 my father had to drive from Chester, England to Porthmadog, North Wales, for work reasons. At approx 4:45 PM on the return journey, he was driving south, approaching the village of Gellilydan when he became aware of a "silhouetted cigar shaped object" flying 'gently' below cloud level in an easterly direction about two miles ahead of him. He lost sight of it a few times due to the landscape, but having passed by the village, it became apparent that it was flying slowly north (towards him). Assuming it was a 'regular aircraft' that he couldn't quite visualize properly, he was more interested than concerned at this point, and due to its apparent flight path over the open countryside, he figured it would clear him by less than a mile to the west when it passed. So, his interest was piqued ("is it a helicopter or a plane?" he wondered) and he reduced his driving speed to approx 20-30 mph in order to get a better view.

As the flying object approached a point about 3/4 mile south west of his vehicle, he realized it was actually 'cylindrical'. It had a reflective convex base and a very subtle (barely noticeable) "electric blue" aura. He could only really see the underneath due to its angle. This took him back ("my heart rate accelerated") and having a camera on him, decided to pull over onto a grass verge and take a photo.
As he did this and scrambled for the camera, he realised the object had accelerated in his direction (it was very high up) and a huge shadow enveloped the area for about a mile around. "It was like a very dark thundercloud was right over me." He pushed his head forward in the windscreen and looked up (awkward angle) - and to his horror could see that this thing was about 1/4 mile wide and just hovering beneath cloud level directly above the part of the road he was on. He said it had huge tiles on its convex base. He had never seen anything like it in his life. It was "impossibly enormous". He realizes -- due to the sheer size of this thing -- that he probably underestimated how far away it was previously, but in relaying this event we've decided to use distances as he "perceived them" at the time.

Anyway, his heart was pounding, he was truly terrified because he couldn't make sense of the object and he was in the middle of nowhere (Snowdonia National Park) and decided to get the hell out of there. He hastily started up his vehicle and pulled off when he noticed the shadow just disappear, "like somebody flicked a switch and the thundercloud vanished".

He looked around as he drove, pushed his face into the windscreen and looked up but he could no longer see it. Then (within sixty seconds), as he passed the Trawsfynydd Twin Nuclear Reactors, he became aware of it hovering above some high ground to the west. The camera was on the passenger seat so without stopping the vehicle he just instinctively picked it up, snapped, then accelerated to 70 mph intending to get out of the area as fast as possible. He was overjoyed when he realised this 'object' had appeared on the exposure because it proved he wasn't going mad and he *had* actually witnessed something very unusual. If it hadn't, he says he's not sure he'd have told my mother and I the story in case we thought he was cracking up.

Ever since, he has been scared of driving through rural areas alone, and won't drive at night time at all. (Not that it was night time when this incident occurred.) I can understand that. It's a good job he had to retire last summer really because he'd no longer be able to do his job due to the amount of driving involved.

MOD FILES
Monday May 8th, 13:11
The object looked like a black square hanging in the sky.

UFO WATCH
Friday June 2nd, 02:00
Gowerton, Swansea
Peter Lane (48) submitted his sighting to the UFO Watch website

The object was larger than a satellite as seen with the naked eye. At first I thought it was a satellite, moving at a steady slow pace. between the space station and the moon, traveling roughly south to north. Within 30 seconds of spotting it I saw what looked like an explosion at first, then a beam of light erupted from it (white light) the beam instantly touched ground on the Lougher estuary at the same instant the beam swept in a straight line across and directly at me. It stopped on me on the porch of our house and held me for about 2 seconds. It then blinked off. The craft then slowly at first begun to bend it's course toward the moon, once the turn was made it instantly increased speed and was gone in a blink.

The entire sighting lasted around two minutes. Peter also noted he had seen something similar in the October or November of 2005 while sitting in a parked car facing north. "Again the space was involved no lights. I spotted a satellite watched it for around 3 mins. before it suddenly swung toward the space station and disappeared in an instant."

MOD FILES
July
Llanfyllin, Powys
Witness saw a disc shaped object with four different colours - blue, green, white and orange. They did not date the sighting but the Workhouse Festival ran from Friday June 30th to Sunday July 2nd, so presumably they saw it on the Sunday night and made the call on the Monday morning.

DEFE-2082 89 DEFE-2082 90 DEFE-2082 88

PERSONAL BLOG
Summer
Anglesey
In December 2012 Vomanomalous blog posted video footage and other info about a friend's UFO sightings during the summer of 2006. The poster went on to write about their own experience that summer for the June 2014 edition of Phenomena Magazine

Phenomena Magazine June 2014
Phenomena Magazine UFO over Anglesey
Phenomena Magazine June 2014 UFO Wales

PRESS
October 4th
Moel Famau

Sally Gavin and her boyfriend saw a very bright white light flashing just above Moel Famau Country Park. It then grew wider and consisted of three flashing lights. Other witnesses saw it and it was reported to police who suggested it might have come from somebody out hunting, or else an army exercise.

The Denbighshire Free Press of October 14th 2006 reported:

Was This A UFO Sighting Above Moel Famau Or Just A Military Aircraft?

It could easily be a scene from the Spielberg fantasy Close Encounters of the Third Kind with strange bright lights, too large to be car lights, suddenly appearing above a mountain side and then disappear just as quickly. But this isn't Hollywood, it's the latest in a string of UFO sightings in Denbighshire.

On October 4 Sally Gavin of Llanynys was spending an evening with her boyfriend watching a film when they spotted a very bright white flashing light just above Moel Famau Country Park. According to Sally: "It grew wider and wider and consisted of three lights which flashed on and off like Christmas tree lights before disappearing. I called a friend who lives in Gellifor and would have a better view and he confirmed that he, too, could see the red light."

Sally saw the strange phenomena a month ago when it was hovering just above the mountain. Five people, including Sally's brother in law, saw the strange light and reported the details to North Wales Police who told them it might have been caused by the Army or someone out hunting. But Sally is sure this wasn't the case. "It definitely wasn't a plane or a helicopter. The lights were far to big and bright," she said.

The sighting is only the latest in a long history of reported UFOs that have been spotted across Denbighshire over the last 50 years. The BBC has even set up a web page called "Weird Wales" to document each sighting and where possible provide visual evidence. In one of the earliest recorded incidents in 1964 a women allowed her dog out on to the grass near Denbigh Castle only to hear it yelp as if in pain minutes later. The woman said she saw a beam of light focused on the dog and as she picked up the animal she said she received a burning sensation on her arm which had come into contact with the light.

In March 2004 pictures were taken of strange white swirling objects in the sky over the Vale of Clwyd which the contributor photographer described as a very bright light in the night sky. In another incident two friends had an unnerving ride from Bodelwyddan to St Asaph when they saw a UFO which approached as they shone a torch at it. The object, which was described as being shaped like a biscuit tin, hovered silently over the car before moving on to Berwyn Mountain in complete silence.

Maragret Fry, a member of the Welsh Federation of Independent Ufologists and expert adviser on BBC weird wales said with regard to UFO sightings, said: "Everyone seems to see something different. It can be bright lights or something more familiar like the classic saucer shape objects. I think that they are spacecraft from other planets. I've been seeing them since the 1950's. to say that we are the only inhabited planet in the universe is ridiculous." Anyone with a suspected UFO sighting can contact Maragret on 01745 833310.

For more like this please click the image below:
Weird Wales