Friday, 17 February 2017

Friday Frivolity - Dogs

Friday Frivolity

Take a look at some of these lovely retro canine companions. :D

Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!

Political satire and tickets to a lecture about an historical serial killer. Anthony knows me so well!

I hope you've all had a great Valentine's Day! ♡

Monday, 13 February 2017

Law and Order in the UK

Law and Order

A while ago now I did a series of posts on 'the fic writer's guide to Britain'. I always intended to write one on policing, and law and order more generally, and now seems as good a time as any to finally get around to it! I'll mostly use media examples, and supplement with how things work in the Met (Metropolitan Police Service, second only to the NYPD in terms of size) and my local force, Gwent Police / Heddlu Gwent, which has around 1,350 sworn members.

Mention is made of Scotland and Northern Ireland, but they have seperate systems so unless I say otherwise I'm referring exclusively to England and Wales.

Friday, 10 February 2017

Friday Frivolity - Valentine's Day

Friday Frivolity

It's almost Valentine's Day - and I'm completely unprepared! Not only have I not even bought a card for Anthony, it's also my mum's birthday on the 14th and I haven't sorted out anything for that yet either. I'm still catching up on comments from last week too, along with a bunch of other stuff. I need to spring clean my organisation skills!

Anyway, enjoy these cute retro cards as we gear up for the festival of lurve. :D

Corny Valentine

Finally, here's the most perfect for Marianna. She is obsessed with Batgirl and insists on taking her doll everywhere. Seriously, that doll has a better social life than I do!

Batgirl Valentine

Thursday, 9 February 2017

Shipping Ask Challenge

Fandom Shipping Ask Challenge

I kept seeing this fandom shipping challenge doing the rounds on Tumblr, so of course I had to give it a go!

(If you're not up on the fandom lingo, check out the brief history post I did for last year's International Fanworks Day.)

Friday, 3 February 2017

Friday Frivolity - Groundhog Day

Friday Frivolity

This week we're talking about Groundhog Day! Supposedly the behaviour of a groundhog on February 2nd will predict the weather over the coming weeks. If it's cloudy when a groundhog emerges from its burrow, spring will come early. If it's sunny, the groundhog will hightail it back into its burrow - naturally terrified of its own shadow - and winter will reign supreme for another six weeks.

To my shame, it's only relatively recently that I realised groundhogs actually exist and are not just a feature in a film starring Bill Murray! Still, it is a very good film.

Did you do anything for Groundhog Day? And have you ever thought something only existed in a movie? :)

Host: Jess from Babi a Fi
Jessica is an amazingly funny and smart blogger from Wales who writes on a whole range of topics -- from entertaining vintage nostalgia, to technology tutorials, to book reviews, to raising her adorable munchkin, and so much more! This week she's sharing the Ballad of Roly Bear.

You can also find her on Bloglovin'Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.

Sarah Eliza of Devastate Bordeom
Sarah Eliza is on a mission to Devastate Boredom by living life with laughter and intention! Her blog is your spot for Capsule Wardrobe how-to's and inspiration, humor, encouragement, life-hacks, Read / DON'T Read book reviews, and more! Check out her Winter Plus Sized Capsule Wardrobe.

You can also find Sarah on Bloglovin', Facebook, Google +Pinterest, and Twitter.
Audrey from Munofore
Audrey is an awesome, eclectic blogger, who not only can cook up a storm over on That Recipe, but also writes at Munofore - "MUsings NOt FOod RElated." Munofore touches on humor, parenting, crafting, holiday ideas, tutorials, and more! This week she's writing about the 52 Weeks to a Better Blog challenge.

You can also find Audrey at Facebook, Google +, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Lisa at Syncopated Mama
Lisa is an awesomely hilarious and wonderfully authentic writer who marches to her own drum on her blog Syncopated Mama, providing an "un-labelly spot" for all the happily off-beat folks out there who have been wishing to find kindred spirits. She shares her adventures building a natural home, teaching her adorbs daughter, establishing and refining positive communication skills, camping, creating, cooking, and so much more! Check out her post on Herding Cats - how to read to toddlers who won't sit still.

You can also find Lisa at Bloglovin'Facebook, Google +Pinterest, and Twitter.
It Could Be You
Calling all bloggers looking for an upbeat and supportive group of pals to join in hosting the weekly #FridayFrivolity par-tay! We are hoping to add to our ranks of dedicated hosts and co-hosts, and would love for you to consider joining the fun! Co-Hosts are welcome on a temporary basis (usually a month), while Hosts make a more ongoing commitment. :) Swing by HERE to express interest and ask any questions!
monthly featured post
Featured Post from Last Week: In a fun twist, since we now have four hosts we will also have FOUR FEATURES.... but you will have to go check out the other three blogs to see if you were featured there! ;)

Pebble Portrait from Shelbee on the Edge - how cool is this!? Such a sweet idea.

Now time for the new stuff! 

This a link-up for all things funny, fun, encouraging, hopeful, and happy. That includes free printables, giveaways, and other fun stuff to make us SMILE and start the weekend off on the right foot.

If you're here in search of fun and uplifting reading materials, skip the rules and just start clickin'! 

Bloggy buddies, thanks for coming to par-tay! You are welcome to link up to three posts, and old posts are always welcome!

There are three rules only:

Party Rules

If you want to let others know about the linky, feel free to grab the badge!

Babi a Fi

Monday, 30 January 2017

40 Question Meme

40 Questions Meme

40 question blogger challenge I ganked from Dreamwidth. :)

olderPageTitle Home