I've seen this tag on a few blogs now, so figured it was time to give it a go myself...
1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum or a Working Mum?
I work part time as an elected councillor for Torfaen County Borough Council. I've just increased my hours a little by becoming deputy mayor too.
2. Would you have it any other way?
If I had the money, I wouldn't work - but that doesn't really have anything to do with Marianna! ;)
3. Do you co-sleep?
No, we never have. Hopefully it will stay that way even once the sides are off the cot and she can wander about in the night.
4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
The best thing we bought was the Tippitoes Mini Bath, I can't recommend it highly enough.
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
One. You can read more on why HERE.
6. Date nights? How often do you have them?
Somewhere between rarely and never. My mum has Marianna overnight occasionally, but that just gives me time to watch TV and go to bed early!
7. Your child’s favourite show?
Rainbow. It was my fave when I was little too, so she clearly has good taste.
8. Name one thing you brought before you had the baby and never ended up using?
Baby monitor. I think we used it once, possibly twice at a push. All our walls are paper thin so it was pretty pointless.
9. Your child’s favourite food?
Mango, plums, strawberries. And chocolate, of course.
10. How many cars does your family have?
None. We can't afford it, and it's only Anthony who can drive anyway.
11. Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now?
Yes, yes, and yes. I put on about three stone and ever since it's a cycle of lose some, put it back on, lose it, put it on again, etc, etc, etc. I'll get there, eventually.
12. Dream holiday with your kids?
Disney! Marianna will be my excuse to act like a big kid myself.
13. Dream holiday without your kids?
Japan. I'm sure we could fit in a visit to Sea Disney too.
14. How has your life changed since having kids?
Completely. It's changed my priorities, what I do, and even what I think about. I have trouble remembering how I even filled my time before Marianna came along.
15. Finish the sentence “It makes my heart melt when…”
Marianna gives me a big cwtch. Or, she does her best to deny all by shaking her head and saying 'oh, no'. It's so cute!
16. Where do you shop for your kids?
Supermarkets, mostly. Once she's walking I can see myself spending a fortune on stuff from the Little Bird range at Mothercare. It's all just so adorable.
17. Favourite make-up and skincare products?
I bought an Urban Decay Naked palette a couple of months ago and I wish I had taken the plunge sooner. I also use a lot of Stargazer, Soap and Glory, and Leichner foundations and face powder.
18. Huggies or Pampers?
Neither. We've tried both, but they weren't a patch on Mamia.
19. Have you always wanted kids?
Yes. We didn't plan to have Marianna exactly when we had her, but I was always certain I wanted children.
20. Best part of being a mum?
Watching your baby become their own person. It's incredible!
For more like this, check out: