Wednesday is usually Mini Mart day but we've moved back in with my parents for local lockdown. So, instead, here is a blog challenge I found on the Dreamland Book Blog -
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Not really. I either read in the living room or in bed.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Random piece of paper. I keep meaning to buy - and, more importantly, use - a nice one, but I never get around to it.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I always try and stop after a chapter - the only reasons I won't are having to get to work/some other time sensitive thing, or falling asleep...
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yep. If I'm home alone I'll always read while eating dinner.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I don't mind if the TV is on but I can't actually watch and read at the same time. Listening to music is fine though. If I'm reading for research the most perfect band ever is The Killers. I mean, I like them, but everything just kind of sounds the same, one song merging into another. It's the ideal background noise.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
It depends, but generally I prefer to read one book at a time.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. Anything longer than about Mr Men length is guaranteed to give me a sore throat when it comes to story time.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I read ahead sometimes, but rather than skip pages I'll just revert back to speed reading like they taught it at Cambridge - first and last line of a paragraph, double quick.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keeping it like new if at all possible.
11. Do you write in your books?
*horrified gasp* Never.
1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time?
When I get the chance - which is usually at night after Marianna has gone to bed. It has been suggested to me more than once that my constant nightmares could be related to my love of late night true crime / supernatural / etc reading...
2. What is your best setting to read in?
3. What do you do first – Read or Watch?
Hmm, it very much depends what it is. I don't read an awful lot of original fiction, it's mostly non-fiction or fanfiction. So I guess I watch first then go trawling for fix-its.
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
E-book; it's easier to read on my phone than with a physical book (plus Anthony complains constantly about having the lamp on), and much easier to store too. The exceptions are childhood favourites and coffee table style reference books.
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
I don't think so?
6. Do book series have to match?
Only if I'm going to buy them! I don't really have any physical book series of my own, but it definitely matters to me when I'm buying kids' books for Marianna. Especially as I'd rather trawl for second hand copies than buy new releases with horrible updated artwork.